Thursday, March 24, 2011

Billows in the Wind

Even though spring has just sprung, I'm already thinking about my very first visit to New York in August {I know, so far away from now}.  I've been envisioning Glamourai worthy outfits that would ideally be photographed by Tommy Ton ever since I knew our church group's next destination would be New York City, but to my dismay, this week I was told we would have a {gasp} dress code we had to follow.  Instantaneously, all my hopes and dreams were rushed away, with thoughts of jeans and crew neck t-shirts being all I would have the pleasure to pack. {I know, I know, I'm being way overly dramatic, but it truly was crushing to hear those words} After giving this predicament much thought, which included checking the guidelines we had to abide by, I realized it wouldn't be as terrible as I imagined.  Just a few simple rules we have to follow "for our safety" which included: closed toed shoes, no tank tops or shirts that show your stomach, and everything has to go below your knees, oh, and you have to be able to work in every one of the outfits you pack.  That last one completely vetoed maxi-dresses, and now heels or wedges weren't even practical.  But, the no-showing-your-shoulders-or-stomach-rule shouldn't be too hard to follow.  That got me thinking to super roomy, loose tops that could easily look great on there own, or could be tucked into high-waisted jeans.  These are some of my thoughts so far for tops that would allow me to pick up boxes, or go shopping in SoHo- and will be kept in my closet long after I unpack my suitcase.

Wild about Williamsburg Top
Marc by Marc Jacobs 
Juicy Couture 
The Greatest of Trapeze Top




Modcloth Leopard Print Tie Waist Top
Marc by Marc Jacobs Hammered Silk-Satin Top
Barneys Ella Moss Striped Top
Juicy Couture Embellished Lips T-Shirt
Modcloth Greatest Trapeze Top


No comments:

Post a Comment