Monday, September 6, 2010

September, Finally

I've been waiting for fall to come for a while now and in August, even as school is starting, I feel bad for wanting to bring out jackets and boots.  I feel as though I need to relish in the last few days of summer because i know I will be missing them when I'm walking through snow and slush.  So now that it's September, I feel as if I can finally act upon fall. Today my mom and I went shopping and I got a very stylish military jacket. I love it, and I'm wearing it right now, even though it's in the 70s outside. Its olive green and is double breasted and has the round gold buttons on the front. It's a very literal translation of an old military jacket, but the fabric, which is soft and stretchy, makes it a bit more laid back. Military is obviously here to stay, so I didn't feel bad buying it. Plus, I really really needed a new jacket, and the price tag helped a bit with the persuasion, too (the jacket was only $20.00 at Nordstrom Rack). I have a couple other fall trends that I've been waiting to bring into my closet, and this seems like the perfect time to do it. Sequins, military green, and ankle boots are just a few of my favorite trends lately.  Here are just a few samples of what I will be buying soon.

Sequins

Edun Sequin-embellished cotton tankMarc Jacobs Alexis sequin and leather clutchJuicy Couture Sequined Ballerina
{Edun sequined tank; Marc Jacobs purse; Juicy Couture flats}


Military Inspiration


 Linea Pelle Dylan Tote in Dark OliveSmythe Short wool military jacketmilitary button shorts
{Linea Pelle Dylan tote; Smythe short wool jacket; janeorman.co.uk military shorts}


Ankle Booties


Miu Miu Suede ankle bootsPRADA Shoe BootieBurberry - Degrade Lace Up Ankle Boots (Trench) - Footwear
{Mui Mui suede boots; PRADA shoe Booties; Burberry boots}


Chunky Sweaters


Old Navy Womens Cable-Knit Boyfriend CardigansJulien Macdonald Chunky wool cardigan
{Old Navy;Julien Macdonald sweater;oasis-stores.com}


Lace


Petites Lace Insert DressChristian Louboutin Fifi 100 satin and lace pumpLace Zip Tunic
{misselfridge.com dress; Christian Louboutin; ardenb.com}


Oxfords


Bronx Herald Brogue Flat ShoeCamper Girly OxfordLace-Up Oxford
{asos.com; Piperlime; yesstyle.com}


Sparkles on Nails*


SEPHORA by OPI Sparkle Me Silver Top Coat Sparkle Me SilverOpi Burlesque Sparkle icious HL B08Cover Girl Boundless Top Coat Nail Color, Gold Rush #415 - 1 Ea
{Sephora by OPI Sparkle Me Silver; OPI Burlesque Sparkle isious; Cover Girl Gold Rush}


*I got the sparkly nails idea from Cupcakes and Cashmere, genius idea Emily!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your blog and wanted to tell you that you have a great selection of items here! I especially love your picks for the "Sequins" section, and that Linea Pelle bag is the one I've been dying for! :o)

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete