Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cookie Dilemma

Now that it's finally December, all things Christmas have come out.  Our tree is decorated and lit at all hours and little details of Christmas are strewn about our house.  Just yesterday a friend of my mom's came over with a poinsettia that is placed differently each time I see it from my mom's excitement. One of my favorite parts of this time of year is all the food. To say I have a sweet tooth is a major understatement and I love all the different holiday flavors that come out for just this time of year. Peppermint and chocolate are two of my all-time favorite combinations when it comes to desserts and now they seem to be everywhere which is such a treat for me. I'm going to a holiday cookie exchange with a friend in a few weeks and I've been looking for the perfect recipe for this party.  I've found quite a few possibilities and now I'm realizing that narrowing it down to just one idea is going to be the hardest part.  Here a few contestants that may make it into the party. Which do you think would be yummiest?


Cinnamon-Sugar Roll Cookies
{Cinnamon-Sugar Roll Cookies}
All pictures from Better Homes & Gardens website


Espresso Shots
{Espresso Shots}


Brown Sugar Shortbreads on cookie sheet
{Brown Sugar Shortbread}

Triple-Decker Decadence
{Triple-Decker Decadence}

Mini Raspberry and White Chocolate Whoopie Pies
{Raspberry and White Chocolate Whoopie Pies}

Chocolate-Peppermint Meringue Kisses
{Chocolate-Peppermint Meringue Kisses}


Red Velvet Whoopie Pies w/Peppermint Filling
{Red Velvet Whoopie Pies with Peppermint Filling}


No comments:

Post a Comment